What Is Project Funding and Financing?
Our F&V team specializes in all aspects of whole-community development and finding you the resources you need to get the job done.
Determining which source or sources best match your project is the key to securing funding to meet your goals. Our experts have the knowledge to best match projects to funding sources and prepare your winning applications while meeting the goals of your project.
F&V works alongside clients to find the best solution for their unique situation. We not only find opportunities, but we’ll also help you complete all the required paperwork in the application and submission process.
Get Your Project Funded
We’re ready to help secure grants and loans for projects. Complete the form below to connect with us!
Types of Project Funding and Financing Services
Many grants are available annually and are the preferred choice of most of our clients. Most grant programs are highly competitive and require local matches.
Municipalities have several options when it comes to loans, including low-interest loans, some with principal forgiveness. In addition, there are many loans available for disadvantaged communities.
It’s not always possible to finance a project solely through grant and loan programs. If you are wondering if it’s time to raise your utility rates, we can help you evaluate your projected fees and your systems’ operating needs to determine if additional user investment is necessary. In recent years, municipal bonds have reached historic levels and are a fiscally sound alternative to state and federal programs.
Let us fund your project!
F&V staff maintain relationships with funding agencies and stay abreast of the latest state and federal programs that offer significant funding, so no project gets left behind due to lack of funds.
For nearly three decades, F&V has prided itself in gaining extensive experience working with all the funding assistance programs utilized by Michigan and Indiana communities, including:
- Department of Transportation – Michigan and Indiana (MDOT)/(INDOT)
- Economic Development Authority (EDA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) / Michigan Hazard Mitigation Program (MHMP)
- Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP)
- Indiana Office of Community & Rural Affairs (OCRA)
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM)
- Local Tax Increment Financing Authority (TIFA)
- Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy (EGLE)
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR)
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA)
- US Department of Agriculture Rural Development (RD, formerly FmHA)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
Funding can benefit most projects, if not all!
Municipalities have a yearly budget. Applying for grants and loans can make projects more feasible, and free up more money for other community projects.
Breckenridge Village Manager, Jeff Ostrander, confirms this. “Without the help of oF&V, we would not have gotten our USDA project funded or completed.”