- Brownfield redevelopment: F&V prides itself in being able to help communities turn liability brownfield properties into assets. Transforming contaminated, blighted or functionally obsolete properties into new development projects leads to new investments, increased tax base, and jobs. Funds are frequently available for brownfield redevelopment projects, and at F&V we are proud of our success in identifying and securing funding assistance for our clients with eligible projects.
- Environmental property assessment: F&V has expertise in environmental property assessment, including environmental due diligence (Phase I ESAs and Phase II ESAs), building evaluations, and regulatory compliance. We recognize that teamwork and collaboration help secure successful transactions in today’s business climate. We routinely work with attorneys, developers, and real estate professionals on diverse projects including residential, commercial, and industrial properties, to confidential mergers and acquisitions involving multiple properties.
- Hydrogeological services: F&V provides hydrogeological services to support the successful planning and undertaking of many projects. They include environmental due diligence, soil and groundwater remediation, mining, groundwater discharges, lake and groundwater level evaluations, and community water supply exploration/development.
- Industrial stormwater management: F&V assists companies in determining if a stormwater permit is required. We also provide certified operators who supervise and inspect the stormwater treatment and control measures including conducting visual assessments and collecting and evaluating samples.
- Aboveground/underground storage tank removal: F&V is highly experienced in performing above and underground storage tank closures for a wide variety of project types. The professional staff assigned to this project are Qualified Underground Storage Tank Professionals and we perform the work in accordance with applicable State regulations (Part 211, Flammable and Combustible Liquid Rules, MDOT).
- Groundwater discharge permitting: F&V assists companies in determining if a Part 22 groundwater discharge permit is required. We can also provide certified system operators and design/construct treatment works.
- Hazardous/contaminated materials management: F&V routinely manages all types of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes including: universal wastes; liquid industrial wastes; hazardous wastes (including RCRA, TSCA and NESHAP) for a variety of project types, such as: environmental investigations and remediation; demolition and asbestos abatement; UST/AST closures. All work is conducted in accordance with applicable State (Part 201, Part 115, MDOT) and Federal (RCRA, TSCA, NESHAP) regulations.
- HUD environmental assessments: F&V staff has conducted environmental assessments on HUD funded programs. F&V also conducts NEPA Environmental Assessments for federally funded projects.
- Underwater dive services: Underwater dive services explore what you cannot see below the surface of the water. We’re experts at conducting surveys and relocations of endangered species, such as mussels, within a body of water. Our divers are PADI Diving Certified.
- Demolition and urban clearing: F&V has experienced demolition management staff to help transform blighted, abandoned, and obsolete buildings into productive community assets. Our approach to these transformations is through detailed planning and management. We work with you to help control costs and minimize owner liability, as well as make sure your needs and goals are met. Whether the goal is to redevelop the site or simply clean-up an eyesore, we are here to help you transform your liabilities into treasures.
- Permit consultations and agency negotiations: F&V has expertise in permit applications and assisting facilities in obtaining and maintaining compliance, from wastewater treatment plants, slaughterhouses and laundromats to vegetable/fruit washing stations and groundwater remediation reinjection projects.
- Soil and groundwater remediation: F&V is experienced in all aspects of site remediation services, including: incremental sampling, remedial alternative feasibility studies; remedial system design, installation and operation/maintenance; biddable specification preparation and contractor bid management. Remedial technologies successfully used on sites include: excavation and disposal, mobile NAPL recovery, AS/SVE, pump & treat, air stripping, carbon adsorption, UV/Oxidation, insitu chemical oxidation, engineering controls, and administrative controls.
- PFAS Solutions: PFAS, also known perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances, are harmful chemicals found in public and private water supplies, wastewater treatment plants, landfills, and manufacturing sites. F&V has been at the forefront of PFAS investigations, working with the Michigan Department of Environment Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE), on PFAS sampling, detection, and remediation efforts
- Region 6
Contact Us to Start Your Enviornmental Project
Use the form below to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our environmental engineers, geologists, scientists, and technicians focus on protecting people and the natural environment from adverse environmental effects, such as pollution and contamination, and works towards improving environmental quality of life.
Environmental investigation and remediation of contaminated sites, one of the most common environmental engineering services F&V offers, can be a daunting challenge to communities, industries, and commercial businesses. F&V’s engineers, scientists, geologists, and technicians investigate and remediate contaminated sites to protect and restore the environment.
For nearly 30 years, F&V’s environmental engineering services have helped clients with common sense solutions to complicated problems.
F&V helps municipalities with their environmental engineering services.
Permitting is a huge portion of environmental engineering. We have assisted our clients with completing permit applications and related documentation for numerous local, State and Federal permits. We have developed professional relationships with staff at many of the reviewing agencies which assists our clients in expediting permit review.